From Online Dictionary of Crystallography

Sousréseau (Fr). Untergitter (Ge). Sottoreticolo (It). 部分格子 (Ja). Subred (Sp).

A lattice L' obtained by another lattice L by removing one or more sets of nodes is called a sublattice of L. The translation subgroup T' of L' is a subgroup of the translation subgroup T of L. The unit cell of L' is larger than the unit cell of L and is therefore called a supercell.

In chemistry and material science literature the term sublattice is often incorrectly used to indicate a substructure.

See also